It is not often we collectively find ourselves in the same season as those around us. While we each might be going through the COVID experience differently, all of us are having to find our way through something unexpected, different & new. What we knew is gone. We don’t really know what’s ahead.
Have you ever been through a major, unexpected, life shift before? If so, you might be experiencing some familiar feelings, thoughts or concerns. If you haven’t, welcome to a New Normal. The place and time where things are turned upside down. Where we have to look beyond ourselves and our plans to find understanding, direction, comfort and security.
During this season, I have dived even deeper into God’s truth. He has reminded me that He is still with us and still at work. He’s brought my attention to five scripture passages to encourage me. I pray they encourage you too.
• Ecclesiastes 3:1 “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.”
• Isaiah 43:18-19a “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?”
• Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
• 1 Peter 5:7 “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”
I love how The Passion Translation says “Pour out all your worries and stress upon him and leave them there, for he always tenderly cares for you.”
• James 5:13a “Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray.”
As I am walking into my new normal, I hear God saying, “I am here! What you’re going through isn’t a surprise to me. There is no need to look back. Follow me into what I am creating. Don’t be afraid, I’m here with you. Tell me what you’re thinking and feeling. I promise it will help.”
As I listen to God, I write my prayers to him. As I write, I find new perspective and I am strengthened.
Sweet friend, as much as we long for it, I don’t know if getting back to “normal” is God’s desire for us. As we walk into the future there will be more transition and transformation. Our circumstances won’t be the same, and neither will we. Thankfully, we do not walk alone! I pray as you walk with God into your new normal you are filled with peace from the unchanging truth that you are a daughter of the one true king, and are loved beyond measure.